A public interest litigation has been filed in Calcutta High Court in connection with a minor’s rape in Hanskhali in West Bengal’s Nadia. The minor was allegedly raped when she went to a birthday party. She died on Sunday.
The prime accused in the case has been arrested.
The victim’s family alleged that the body was cremated without an autopsy under pressure from a local Trinamool Congress panchayat leader, whose son is the prime accused in the case. The Bharatiya Janata Party called for a 12-hour bandh in Ranaghat on Monday, demanding justice for the deceased.
The Chief Justice of the Calcutta High Court, Prakash Shrivastava, permitted the petitioner to file the PIL. The hearing may start tomorrow.
The incident comes in the wake of the Birbhum arson, which claimed nine lives, including those of two children. The Opposition, BJP, has been regularly raising the issue to corner the ruling Trinamool Congress.
- 5 quick tips to cut down on your AC bill this summer
- Russia-Ukraine war likely to be high on agenda at Modi-Biden meet
- [CHECK THIS OUT] Coolest hairstyles of IPL 2022
- JNU violence: FIR lodged against ABVP students, Left to gherao Delhi Police HQ
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor's wedding to have only 28 guests